Friday, October 3, 2014

Organized Chaos

I'm pretty sure I've said it before... but elementary school is basically organized chaos. At all times, the potential for choas, both organized and unorganized, is through the roof. Take my afternoon today for example....

First we had a birthday celebration complete with mom, grandma, little brother and sister, and a chocolate on chocolate cupcake cake. Then a math lesson, followed by small group reteaching. Then I took my kids to music. I spent 30 minutes running around attempting to get organized, make copies, correct papers, and write lesson plans, etc... the main word being attempting. Then I picked up my kids, addressed an inappropriate touch complaint, finished a math lesson, kept naughty kids for 5 minutes of recess, and went down to the principal's office. I sent a kid with a bloody lip to the nurse, gave the students a bathroom break, gave a grammar test, sent a student with a tummy ache to the bathroom, soothed a student who bumped his leg and started bawling, and read half of the grammar test words to one student. I had the principal in my room, gave out coloring contest sheets, put in a science video, and organized my spelling words for next week. Finally I collected our coloring sheets, handed out fit kid prizes, announced our class victory in the coin challenge contest, packed the kids up and sent them home.

Serious madness.

But I did get two awesome things... news that my classroom raised $158.96 in our coin challenge! Our class collected the most in the whole school.. and earned me an extra $25. So that's quite a chunck of change to spend on new books for our classroom :) Also on a free choice writing day, here's what one of my little girls wrote...
"The most thing I Love Miss Specht. And Miss Specht is the bes theatcher in the world and your Awsome. And you allwas look pretty every day and I Love our dresses and scurts."
"ps- Miss Specht is Awesome."

Until next time...
Peace, love, and exhaustion,
Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment