Monday, October 27, 2014

A Time to Blog...

Finally! A time to blog! It's been so long that I can't even remember what I last wrote about. The month of October just flew by... which is good and also crazy to think. I can't believe it went so fast! It's good because I survived my first complete semester of teaching. Including conferences. Including report cards. And since I can't really remember everything and pictures are worth a thousand words, here are some to tell you about my month!


My kids LOVE the reading mat my Mom picked up (for $5) this summer and the covered crates that Cody made. Thanks guys :) 


This month I spent two weekends visiting friends in Sioux City. The first time was for BC homecoming and 8 of us had a great time catching up, going out, and holding down the Sioux City Hotel for a night!


The second weekend in Sioux City was to celebrate when one of my 5th roommates was back to visit! We all had a sleepover on the Queenie G's basement floor. It was a great time and so good to see everyone again :) 




Here's a gift for surviving the first quarter of school from one of my co-workers. She's such a sweetie. I'm blessed to work with some wonderful people!


After finishing one of my graduate classes on Saturday (WOOOOOOOOO!!!), Fiance and I made our way to the Dierks Bentley concert. He was so pumped (and right) to order us concert tickets a couple months ago... although at the time I couldn't imagine doing anything aside from school. The concert was awesome. Great music, a handsome date, and meeting up with my cousin W was one of the best ways to spend a Saturday night! 



Now we're caught up to today! One of my students who LOVES school showed up in this brand new owl shirt today. It's the third owl shirt I've seen her wear this year! Over conferences many parents told me that whenever their kids see owl things, they automatically say how much Miss Specht would LOVE it. I think that's so cool! Another student came in with broken teeth today... unfortunately they are her permanent teeth. Here was her journal entry. She's so darn cute, even looking like a little redneck for this week! However, the most exciting thing that happened at school today is that we got mail! That's right!! Our pen pal letters from Carson City, Nevada finally came! The kiddos were so exited to read about their pen pals... although they were pretty confused over the concept of a Catholic school. So that was an interesting one to explain! Thanks Miss v for agreeing to be our pen pals. I know your kids are enjoying this project as much as mine are already :)

Hmm let's see. Is there anything that I missed blogging about? Oh yeah... wedding stuff! Fiance and I bought each other's bands this week. Mine is already here. And Gorgeous. I can't wait to show it off.... ya know, in approximately 263 days. His is en route from the jewelry store in California. We are currently working on booking a photographer and DJ. Both are things that should probably already be done... so if you've got any suggestions or advice please let us know! We haven't had a family wedding in a long time, so we're feeling a little unsure of what we're even looking for. Also, I bought a wedding dress! YES. I said yes to the dress. CRAZY. But awesome. Mom, sissy, and both of my grandmas took a day to come up and help me shop. It was so fun, and although I wouldn't have expected myself to pick the dress that I did, I love it. It's perfect and I can't wait to show you guys.. but for now you're just going to have to settle with these pictures.


Here's my lovely entourage. I'm so glad that all of them could make it! We had a really great time. 


Here's my reaction face. When you know, you know, ya know?

Until next time...
Peace, love, wedding and school bells,
Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment