I guess I don't have much to say other than thank goodness. This year is going to be a whirlwind and days like today keep me sane.
Plus, I thought you'd like to know which celebrities my 2nd graders would like to meet!
- Mary Pope Osborn (Author of the Magic Tree House Series)
- Mia Hamm (Star of our reading selection this week!)
- Selena Gomez
- Peyton Manning
- Katy Perry
- Yankton band (I'm not sure.. I can only imagine that he was giving a shoutout to good old YHS!)
- The characters from Frozen- but not Hans because he's the mean guy. (She really wrote that.)
- Britney Spears
- Mikko Koivu
- Drew Brees
- Lady Gaga
- President (because he is kind to others. Or so she wrote :))
- Russell Wilson (GO HAWKS)
- The Simpsons
- Miley Cyrus
Tomorrow it's back to square one with learning. We are currently working on identifying nouns, making predictions, spelling words with -ie and -igh patterns, becoming fluent readers, finding place value, and studying plant life cycles. So if you've got any kick butt ideas to enhance my lessons, hit me up!
Before I wrap this school portion up, I need to give a couple shoutouts.
- To my coworkers. For putting up with my first year self, for throwing every available resource my way, for always asking how my days are going, for constantly encouraging me, and most of all for being my friends. Love you guys :)
- To Fiance. I love you. Sorry for all the sad, stressed out tears, but thank you for giving me a reason to cry happy ones.
- To my family. Baby Dingus, La Reg, Momma, and Daddy. You already know :)
Okay enough about school. Let's talk life. Big girl life outside of work is really pretty fun. Although I don't do much... Fiance and I are joining a gym, so I am really excited to start working out again. It's been hard for me to transition into a school schedule. Teaching is exhausting, but I've got to find some time and energy to start running and lifting again. Working out just makes me happy and happy is more of what we all need. Stay tuned for (hopefully) updates and progress on that one.
One thing that should be motivating (not that it really is yet haha) is the approaching wedding date! Okay, it's still 9.5 months off but it's coming! Mom and I have gone wedding dress shopping once, and only for an hour, but it was so fun! We didn't find THE dress, but we did find a style of dress that I really like. Don't expect to see a wedding dress picture posted, but if you're curious just ask! And if you see me anytime soon, encourage me to actually start wedding planning. I feel like July 18th is going to sneak up much faster than I expect!
Other things that are going on.... Nothing too terribly exciting. I'm just busy teaching, planning, getting ready for conferences next week (EEK!), taking graduate classes (not really by choice), oh and I GET TO SEE SOME OF MY VERY BEST FRIENDS THIS WEEKEND!!!!
This weekend is BCU's homecoming! It's crazy to think that I was living that homecoming court dream just a year ago... Anyway a few ex-college besties, and I have hotel rooms for Saturday night. The downside is that I will be sitting in one of my graduate classes from 8 am to 4:30 pm, but the upside is that afterwards, I will scoot my booty down to reunite with my girls. I didn't realize until earlier today just how much I miss them! It's been a 5 month hiatus from girls that I used to spend 20/24 with every day. Needless to say, I'm ready for a reunion :)
Well that's about it for now. Off to bed for me! Until next time...
Peace, love, and literally piles of laundry,