Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"The Story"

Hello Blog readers!
I have to admit. I was wrong. I was very wrong. Last time I wrote, I confessed to grown-uphood. I thought after moving, setting up my classroom and all of that, it was official. And it was… until Friday night, when things got even more official. I’m engaged! That’s about as grown up as I can imagine being. One week ago, I worked at the park, lived at home, had a boyfriend and aspiring plans. And 7 days later, bam. I live in an apartment with my Roomie, it is (finally) furnished, my classroom is practically ready to go for the year, and a have a beautiful glittery rock on my finger thanks to my FiancĂ©. Boyfriend gets a new nick name! And in about a year, I will get a new last name… WOOO!

Alright, so since I know (well I’m assuming) you’re all dying to know…here’s “the story.”

First let’s rewind.. “back to yesteryear” (parent trap reference anyone!?) yesteryear as in June. One day Boyfriend and I were out shopping all day. On our way home I made some smart comment like, “geesh, I’m surprised you didn’t drag me to a jewelry store while we were out today.” He shut me up real fast by pulling up to a store. Dang it. (For those of you who know me, it’s not always easy to shut me up.) So we went in and Boyfriend looked around while I talked to the sales clerk because I was too stinking nervous to even look at rings. However, I couldn’t stall forever and we ended up looking at a very shiny, beautiful case of rings. There was one in particular that caught my eye. To my delight, Boyfriend pointed to that exact ring and asked if I liked it…. Uhhhm. YES! Anyway, that was the end of ring shopping.

Fast-forward to a couple of weeks ago. Boyfriend and I spent the day together and were heading out to pick up some dinner when I jokingly said something like, “I bet that really makes you wanna marry me, huh?” And he said, “Maybe I do. Maybe I already bought you a ring.” WAIT, WHAT? I think my jaw dropped. I laughed and said, “yeah right. You can’t be serious.” To which he replied, “maybe I did, maybe I didn’t.” Smooth moves huh? ;) So I was left to wonder… is he serious? I wasn’t sure, but I had a pretty good feeling he was serious. Partially because he is an awful liar and I didn’t think he was lying. And partially because he (later that night) said, “yeah, just don’t look through my room because if you find something it’s your own fault.” Yeah, okay got it.

So as the weeks went on, I had some fun playing with this whole “maybe I have a ring” thing. I asked him who knew about it, what color it was, what it looked like etc... To which his answers were Travis (the sales clerk), silver not gold, and sparkly. It was kind of a fun game for me because I had no way of knowing whether or not he was serious! At one point he also told me that he hadn’t asked my parents for permission yet (which was REALLY important to me). So I was sure I had some more time to play around with this whole engagement idea.

Fast-forward again to Friday. Boyfriend was in our hometown working with is family during the day while I was at a teacher lady conference. I went to his apartment later that night and asked how his day was. After telling me about working at home, he said “I talked to your parents today.” So I causally asked, “how was that?”  To which he said, “No… I talked to your parents today.” Oh. Okay. Apparently my dad was excited to have a son and my mom cried (typical). Boyfriend also said, “I told them I really didn’t have a date to ask you planned… but I just really want to show you. I wanna ask you. Do you want to get engaged tonight?”

Whoa. After a little more talking and only a slight amount of nervous panicking, he got down on one knee and asked me right there in his apartment. It was just the two of us, and it was perfect :) Annnnd it was the same ring that we had looked at together in June. Here’s a picture!

 Our last picture as "boyfriend and girlfriend" :) 
 Right after he proposed! Well, soon after lol. I'm so glad I took this one!

 Classic selfie. I swear the ring is on my left hand, the picture is just flipped... 

So there’s the story in all it’s semi-romantic glory! Boyfriend has become FiancĂ© and we are having the best time telling all our family and friends. I have never felt and loved and blessed as I have in this past week!

We are very happy. I am getting used to wearing this beautiful ring. It’s sparkly just like he promised and I am constantly staring at it (very hazardous while driving). I would LOVE to show it off to you readers and will gladly recount “the story” in all it’s vivid details ;)


That’s all the blogging I have time for now, but watch out for updates next week on the status of my classroom! It’s almost time! Kids start on the 19th!!

Wait, before I forget... Grandma, this one is for you! Apartment pics!





aaaaaand I can't manage to get pictures of the kitchen or living room uploaded right now, but you will all just have to trust me that they are fantastic.

Okay, after an incredibly long first day of staff meetings it is finally off to sleeps for me!

Until next time...
Peace, love, and a shiny new life,
Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment