Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day!

Today was the first day of school. And no one died! And I didn't yell! And only two kiddos cried! And only a little :) So there's that... and I'm exhausted. But I loved every second. So that's great! I'm not sure what else to really say except for that 25 students is a lot of students. Hopefully I will continue to whip them into Miss Specht's high expectations and we won't have any major problems this year. Okay, I know it's the first day and problems are inevitable, but a teacher lady can dream! I know you're dying to see the final project, so here's all my room pictures. I challenge you to count all of the owls! 
Check out my cool welcome sticker! Thanks fiancĂ© :) 

 Eventually this will be a student of the week board... just not yet. 

Objective board, behavior chart (complete with owl magnets) and classroom jobs... 

Second grade rules and Miss Specht's desk... which is actually organized! Pretty cool! 

 The science bulletin board, reading nook, sight words/writing board, and the BIG books.

 The AR board, computers, library, and birthday chart...

Calendar, schedule, smart board...

Podium (for hiding my notes), vocab chart... 

Math corner, mailboxes, and indoor recess extras...

 Cabinets... boring!


My view from the front as a real teacher lady. I promise, despite my enthusiasm of classroom decor, I am actually teaching! There are lesson plans! :) Thanks for teaching me that BCU. 

 Finally, the excited teacher on the first day. Woo! only 178 days left!

Until next time...
Peace, love, and 25 little cherubs, 
Jayna 

No comments:

Post a Comment