Wednesday, October 16, 2013

E-i-e-i-oooo


As in oooo-h my goodness field trips are a lot of work. Our farm trip today consisted of 31 2nd grade students and (luckily) 4 teachers. It was finally a nice, sunny day and I think that the kids really enjoyed the trip. We got to see roosters, chickens, goats, cows, bean and cornfields, and a large garden. I was on photo patrol with the ipad, documenting our experience (naturally). Our presenter (part-time farmer, Mr. S.) was fantastic. The kids were fairly well behaved and I think they learned a lot. They all got to eat lunch on the lawn, take a hayrack ride, watch the combine go through the cornfield, and pick their own ear of corn. All in all, it was a very fun day. Although I didn’t teach much (like at all), I’m glad we all had fun :)

Here are some of the memories we captured!


Watching the combine was really cool, even for the teachers. 


Da corn is diiiissss tall! (9ish feet)


One of the kids helped out by snapping this one of the teachers eating lunch! I'm blessed to have such great experienced teachers and role models.


This rooster was rowdy, he squawked the whole time. The class dissolved into giggles. 


Our class photo! Minus two. One boy was sick, and I think another was cut out of the picture :/

Until tomorrow... 
Peace, love, and muddy shoes,
Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment